Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Kindergarten

Well this morning was an adventure. Before Jesse could go to school we had to drop Elijah off at Grandma Woodlands. Then we started our trek to my work. Jesse has to come to work with me in the mornings so I can take him to school and not miss too much work. He has been a couple of times before so he already new the routine. Mom, we have to push this button. Mom we have to get my milk. Mom we have to get the money. Mom are you gonna print stuff?

Sheila in my office stopped by and asked Jesse if he was gonna get smart today at school and Jesse replied "Maybe"
All summer long we have been saying "Jesse, you will go to kindergarten in the Fall...." This morning I said "Jesse, it is fall, you are going to kindergarten today!" Wow how time flies! Someone in my office asked Jesse how school was going and he replied while waving his hand like a falling leaf, "it's fall, I go to my first day today"

I gave Jesse the option of whether or not he wanted me to walk him into the school....it was the longest moment ever waiting for his response.......Jesse's reply, "Mom, I want you to ..........walk me into the school." Every moms dream right. I have always tried to help Jesse be independent but it is hard to think someday he won't want me there and it could be today. Crazy how that works. So we pulled up to the school, parked the car and started the journey to kindergarten. We walked to the gym and found the other kids his age. The teacher's assistant came over and gave Jesse his name to wear for the first few days, there were other mom's there sitting with their apprehensive children. I feel bad I didn't even give Jesse a chance...I said have a great day, I love you so much! I'll see you tonight. And I had to walk away. I thought for sure I could be strong....but sure enough as I was leaving the gym the emotion over came me. I can't even explain it.

I was able to sneak a phone call to Jesse after Grandma Woodland picked him up from school. When I asked him how school was he replied " it was fun" I asked him what he did at school he said, " I can't remember mom, but it was cool" Big sigh of relief. He had a great day!



1 comment:

  1. Cute blog! Thanks for letting me know about it. Isn't it crazy how fast kids grow up?!

    ReplyDelete