Thursday, September 24, 2009

Solar System Soup

At school Jesse has been learning about the solar system. For weeks now he has been coming home and sharing his new found knowledge about our galaxy, the milky way. You know, Jupiter has a big red storm on it. Mecury is the closest planet to the sun. Uranus has 11 thin rings that circle the planet. Saturn's rings are made of ice, rock, and dust. Mars is red and has huge volcanoes on it. Venus has yellow clouds made of acid. The sun is made up of burning gas, and Earth is where we live. Seriously, everyday he would come home and tell me something new and would retain the information! I love kindergarten!!

Jesse and his classmates made Solar System Soup for all of the parents to try at their Festival. It was yummy!


We went outside to the lawn where the solar system was waiting for us. Each planet was set up to "scale" to give us an idea of how far each planet was from the sun. I'm glad it was not actual size...otherwise we would still be looking for Neptune :D (It's the farthest from the sun and has 11 moons!


Elijah was able to play on the school playground. His favorite was sliding down the "firefighter pole"

Jesse took advantage of the time and ran around with his friends.


Jesse and Elijah had so much fun JJ finally had to round 'em up and carry them to the car!

1 comment:

  1. Did you know all of those things about the solar system before he started coming home with this information? Because, the extent of my knowledge is that Mars is red.(and I'm not even sure that's correct anymore.)I'm just wondering if I should have failed kindergarten. Haha. Way to go Jesse!!

    ReplyDelete