Thursday, November 26, 2009

Giving Thanks


Happy Thanksgiving!

This morning while we were preparing our Thanksgiving Feast, I thought I would try something new this year. (No I did not eat yams) Anyway, I found this idea on Familyfun.go.com I cut out the number 4 for the four of us. We each shared what we were thankful for, and then wrote that on the number. So on the front of the number it said "I AM THANKFUL" do you see where this is going, I thought it was very appropriate with my sense of humor and my 6 and 2 year old. Anyway, then on the back we wrote a few things down. Jesse is thankful for Snow, Bones, Family, Pumpkins, and Cars....hmmmm.....kids say they darndst things. Elijah is thankful for Mom, Dad, Jesse, Nala & Dog(dog refering to Oscar), Pumpkins (like Jesse), and Toys.

Inspired by our activity....Here are a few of the things for which I am so THANKFUL 4...
1. JJ
2. Jesse
3. Elijah
4. My Heavenly Father
5. Family (There's just too many to mention)
6. Great Friends
7. CCFD ....for everything!
8. Having a roof over our heads
9. Having food to eat, 3 meals a day, everyday and even some snacks
10. Having a car that works
11. Having a job AND
12. Working with such amazing people
13. Laughter
14. Strength
15. Faith
16. Forgiveness
17. Jesse and Elijah's songs that they sing to me at the top of their lungs in the car (lol)
18. Nala & Oscar
19. The Great Outdoors
20. Being healthy and my family too
21. Thanksgiving, it really is my favorite holiday, because I truly am so grateful for all that I have been blessed with.

2 comments:

  1. What a fun project! Thanks for sharing what the boys are thankful for! They're soo cute! And thank you for reminding me that we have a lot to be thankful for too! We're very glad your life is going so well and that you have been blessed so much! We hope it continues because you and JJ deserve the best! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valeena-that is the cutest picture ever!! Sorry to keep posting, but we just saw it and had to let you know. :)

    ReplyDelete