Sunday, October 25, 2009

the MIGHTY elk hunters

Here is a glimpse of our 24 hour Elk Hunting trip with Grandpa Woodland. It was quite the trip. JJ, Jesse, Elijah and I were all jam packed into our CR-V, it was a four hour drive, Elijah tossed his cookies, and I had to drive the whole way on a very curvy road. But we made it and had a good time minus JJ's sore toes.

Grandpa Woodland
JJ in his spot
Here's Elijah ready to ride.
Here's Jesse ready to get his wiggles out.
Let's find some elk!
First, we had to take the boys for a ride.
JJ and I.
Here is a picture Jesse took of our view.
For dinner we roasted hot dogs over the campfire. DELICIOUS!

Grandpa and I had to go search for the mysterious creatures so this is how the boys spent their time.
Here is what my dad and I found....
Lot of trees with no leaves.
I don't think the elk are here...sigh :(
Well...we didn't find any elk this trip, but Jesse found this really big tree that was tipped over.
And Elijah was right behind him in is bright orange helmet. Yeah the one that once he puts it on for riding he won't take it off. Well Grandpa, better luck next year with the big game.
After the very long trip home I came around the corner while unpacking and this is what I found...Elijah with his favorite snack (an apple), his pillow, blankie, and he had the t.v. turned on.

When I came around the corner again, this is what I found. Oscar was all tuckered out too and decided to join Elijah. HOME AGAIN...SAFE AT LAST! (until next year)

2 comments:

  1. How fun! Those little boys are really into exploring everything they possibly can. I love it. Very nice pictures and I love the one of just you and JJ. Sometimes we forget to take those ones:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better luck next year with finding an Elk! But it looks like you had a fun trip anyway. Your boys are soo cute! I love the pictures of Elijah all tuckered out after you got home! :)
    How is JJ's foot doing?

    ReplyDelete